Just closed on my first HUBZU!

6 Replies

I was a little concerned that I was in for a nightmare after reading some threads here.  All in all it was pretty smooth.  I had been bidding on this particular property for 3 months and finally got it for 30K less than I had bid 2 months ago.  It's a very good deal and I intend to have it back on the market in 2 weeks. 

Congrats @Cheryl C. ! Two week turn-around is very fast - must be a great deal!

Any Hubzu tips/tricks you can recommend? 

@Jonathan Makovsky

I got my advice here at BP.  I put in a back-up bid and the other person flaked.  I can't remember who here at BP was talking about getting properties via a back-up bid, but it worked out for me.

I got a condo (built 2005) that needs very little (paint, laminate, carpet and replacement of a couple of fogged windows).  I think one of the reasons that it went so low is that it was listed as a one-bedroom when it is a two-bedroom.  I checked tax records (as I always do) for square footage, beds, baths, etc.   Anyone comping out one-bedrooms would have passed on it as there is a 100-120K difference in price between a 1/ and a 2/1.

congrats

Good luck on your renovations timeframe

@Jenkins Ramon

Thanks Jenkins!  I took my contractor through last week (pre-close) and gave him the keys today when he stopped by with carpet and flooring samples.  I've put him under the gun before.  I want this "on" asap - before the summer lull sets in.

@Cheryl C.

Thanks for sharing your story. At last encouraging thread to me to consider pursue deals on Hubzu. I have been avoiding Hubzu from all the horror stories.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.