Subject to investing

4 Replies

Hi Everyone! I'm looking to get started in 30 days (meaning getting and completing a deal). My confidence is strong, but my lacking in experience is holding me back. I know I can do this, but am not sure how to take a giant leap forward and get completely immersed. I'm in the Tampa FL area. What's the best steps I should take to get started with subject-to investing? Also, how do I find sellers and buyers ... and structure a deal? Yup, I'm truly a beginner!!!

Hi Alex - Hi Al,

@Alex: thanks for your great advice!!! I have joined a local real estate investor group and will be in the company of local investors tonight at 7:30. My thoughts are to really get connected to like minded individuals who are just as enthusiatic as I am about financial freedom via real estate investing. I do like the idea of partnering with an experienced investor and will give that some thought as I network tonight. Will keep you posted on how it goes!!!

@Al - wow, Tony Horner! I've never heard of him and yet he sounds amazing! I will do my due diligence on him this weekend to learn more about his business. Have you tried any of his methodologies? If so, how has it worked for you?

@Roberta James

Good morning, and congrats on taking the steps to get started. I too am new and looking into a subject to deal.

I think a good a first step is to consult with a real estate lawyer that is familiar with the process. You will most likely have to use one at some point in the transaction.  Build your bridges before you need them.

I don't know the best way to find a seller. I have a neighbor that I'm working with on my deal, so it wasn't hard to find them. Be vocal about what you want to do. Spread the word to everyone you know. You don't have anything to lose.