New Jersey sheriff sales

3 Replies

I was just wondering what would be the best way to go about learning more about sheriff sales? I have read some books on them ect but i was wondering if their is a online course or a class i could go to? Just trying to learn the ins and outs before getting my feet wet. Any help would be great thanks!

@Wayne Fisher I've been to multiple sheriff sales in Jersey City, and I found the easiest way to learn about the process is to make an appearance and ask questions. Seperate counties will run their sheriff sale differently than others. Making an appearance will also give you an idea of the competition in your area.

Good luck and see you around BP! 

Originally posted by @Michael Zonin:

@Wayne Fisher I've been to multiple sheriff sales in Jersey City, and I found the easiest way to learn about the process is to make an appearance and ask questions. Seperate counties will run their sheriff sale differently than others. Making an appearance will also give you an idea of the competition in your area.

Good luck and see you around BP! 

I have been to a few just to see how everything works. I was just wondering if their are any books or courses that go over everything into detail. Like for example say their are 4 houses going up for auction im interested in. Would i have i have to do a title search on all 4 of them before bidding on them? Also say i get the house and inspect it and find something big can i get out of the house?