REO Sale Questions and Possible Shady Listing Agent

REO Sale Questions and Possible Shady Listing Agent

Dallas, TX · Member since 2014 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Am looking at an REO property. Listing Agent stated he owned it with a partner. Have a 7 day option on it now, in checking the local appraisal district information turns out it's owned by the bank and the bank has it on their REO website for 24k less than the listing agent has it on MLS. The option contract lists the listing agent and his partner as sellers. Is this guy trying to assign the contract and do a double closing hoping no one catches on or do the banks let the local listing agents make up their own prices in hopes of getting more money? Why isn't the banks name on the option contract? No one answers the phone at the main website for the banks agents in Utah. I want the property but would like it at the price the bank has it listed for rather than the local agents price.

0Reply
5 views

Most Popular Reply

Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
10y

@Debra C.  YUP exactly  agent tied it up and is trying to double escrow it.

If this guy who is trying to sell it to you is the listing agent I could see a total breach of fiducerey unless he has made a full disclosure to the bank.

lots of flipping MLS stuff going on in TX these days.. Me personally I don't buy or fund any deal that is set up this way I don't care how much is in it... I won't do it on principal.

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    10y

    @Debra C.  YUP exactly  agent tied it up and is trying to double escrow it.

    If this guy who is trying to sell it to you is the listing agent I could see a total breach of fiducerey unless he has made a full disclosure to the bank.

    lots of flipping MLS stuff going on in TX these days.. Me personally I don't buy or fund any deal that is set up this way I don't care how much is in it... I won't do it on principal.

  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    10y

    This is by no means all of them....but the agents who do high volume in REO's in my market tend to be very shady. Ive moved away from doing REO deals the last couple years for several reasons, but one of them is dealing with these REO listing agent.s

  • Dallas, TX · Member since 2014 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Thanks for the input. Would you have any suggestions to figure out how to contact the bank as directly as possible?

  • Real Estate Broker · Orange, CT · Member since 2013 · 951 posts · 218 votes
    10y

    Who's the bank ..? I would think the Banks REO site would have some sort of contact number?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.