Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Foreclosures
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Frank Adams
  • Loveland, CO
Votes |
Need ideas on offer to a bank

Frank Adams
  • Loveland, CO
Posted

Here's the basic rundown on a potential deal.

Couple getting a divorce, husband is drinking/drugging and neither of them are in the house. She lives about an hour away, not sure about him. They're about 5 months behind on payments.

Here's the numbers:
FMV after fixing about $105K-$115K.
Probably needs about $10K in repairs.
Loan balance is about $48K,
Bank wants about $5K in late charges and legal fees to date.
Wife wants to walk with $7500.

My attorney (who's also their attorney and brought me the deal) suggests paying the wife the $7500 (obviously I'd only do this into escrow subject to my getting marketable title.

Then buy the bank out (HERE'S WHERE I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP), I sure don't want to pay them full face on the note, nor any late or attorney charges. Then stepping in as lender FORECLOSE ON THE HUSBAND. This is Texas so it's a Trustee's Sale and could get done in 2 months max. I'm saying 2 months as the husband apparently doesn't have the means or inclination to bring the note current.

My problem is that technically the husband has, or would have legal access to the property while this in in process. I'm not sure where he is, none of the neighbors will admit to seeing him around but the house sometimes looks as though someone has been in it, electricity is on and there is one bed still there, but no food or even beer in the fridge.

How about some help on how much to offer the bank, also any other possible ideas on structuring it . Short of anything else I guess I could just show up at the Trustee's Sale when the banks guy does it with incremental cashier's checks and hope there's no one else on the scene who wants it more.

Thanks in advance guys and girls.

all cash

Loading replies...