Columbus Sheriff Auctions

4 Replies

I have purchased several properties from the MLS, wholesalers, and auction sites, but have yet to pull the trigger on one from a Sheriff's Sale.

I am curious how folks get comfortable with the title issues without having to do a title search on every single property they are considering. I am in Columbus, Ohio and all winning bids require a significant deposit which makes me uncomfortable if I am unsure on title. 

Thank you in advance for your thoughts!

Hey @Alex Stewart , I hope people chime in! I'm interested in this topic and would like to know the answer myself.

Best of luck!

-Dakoda

I am interested also. I am debating paying for a title search b fore bidding to ensure there are no liens on the property.

My Realestate attorney told me Sheriff's Auctions will clear any liens and I should have no concerns about liens.

This is a great question, one that I was curious about myself!

I am interested in purchasing at sheriff sales in Portage and Summit county. Today I tried to go to the recorders office and research some of the titles but it was a real mess. 

Even with the information I find I am not sure the laws and what it actually means! Id really appreciate a pro coming in here and giving some good advice on how to purchase at sheriff sales! 

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.