PA foreclosure attorney

7 Replies

I am looking for a foreclosure attorney in Pennsylvania.  I have a non-performing note in Uniontown, Pennsylvania and I am looking to move forward with a foreclosure.

Thanks in advance,


just curious, does the attorney have to be in PA?

@Ray Trounday

Can you PM me more details about the foreclosure action? 

As an FYI, you probably want to work with an attorney in the Western part of Pennsylvania. Banks that I used to work were all willing to pay for travel time for their foreclosure attorneys since they would rather work with attorneys that they trust then try to save some money on travel time. On the other hand, travel time can add really quickly if you use counsel that practices far away. 

If you are talking about Uniontown in Fayette County, then I might have some referrals for you. Again, feel free to PM me. 

@Kevin Felmlee  

As a general rule, the attorney must be part of the Pennsylvania bar to practice in Pennsylvania courts. 

Disclaimer: While I’m an attorney licensed to practice in PA, I’m not your attorney. What I wrote above does not create an attorney/client relationship between us. I wrote the above for informational purposes. Do not rely on it as legal advice. Always consult with your attorney before you rely on the above information.

Originally posted by @Kevin Felmlee :

just curious, does the attorney have to be in PA?

As @Chris K. pointed out, the attorney would have to be licensed in PA to conduct foreclosure in PA. But that does not mean the attorney has to be in PA! In Montgomery County, in the eastern part of the state, there are a number of firms located in NJ that conduct foreclosures, and there is even one from OH. And I personally know one of the attorneys at one of the NJ firms; she lives in PA (in Montgomery County actually), and drives to NJ to work at that firm; and that same firm uses a proxy bidder at the sheriff sales so their attorneys never have to attend the sheriff sales.

@Chris K. @Steve Babiak .  Thanks guys. I asked because I'm looking to buy some notes (which wont be in PA) so if they go south and I have to foreclose then I know what I'm looking at.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here