Votes
Kailani Tom
  • Honolulu, HI
Votes |
HOA foreclosure situation debitor/creditor

Kailani Tom
  • Honolulu, HI
Posted Jan 8 2018, 13:05

heres the situation, about 4 years ago due to of course unforseen circumstances we walked away from our home, we did talk with a bankruptcy attorney at the time and he suggested we walk away from the home because at that time the home was not worth what we had paid for it(home is in Hawaii). He did say that if the mortgage company comes after us then we will deal with it then. Heres my dillemma:

when we walked away from the home,, it was during that time the HOA foreclosed on property, however the Lender is still saying that I because they have mortgage I still own the property and for the past 3 years are wanting to work with me on saving the home. I keep telling them that the HOA has foreclosed on it and that I dont own it anymore. The Lender keeps insisting I do and has even sent me paperwork readjusting my mortgage payments, the lender continues to pay taxes and insurance on the property. My husband and I are in a better financial situation now and we would like to buy another home within the next year or so, but this mortage keeps coming up? I guess my question is:

1. is there a way for me to get back this home? even with the HOA already foreclosed on it about 3 years ago.

2. the lender has not foreclosed on me and still wants met to save the home.

3. what are my options at this point, because this is the only thing thats holding my credit up?

so confused at this point...

Loading replies...