Help needed. Prior owner eviction in Mississippi ?

5 Replies

Hello all, I recently bought a Jackson, Miss. foreclosure through a online auction. I had my agent drive by with the instructions to " just take pics from your car, don't go on the property". Well she got out of the car to take pics and was confronted by a man who said he was the owner and what was she doing there. She explained to him that the house was bought in a foreclosure and she was there to take pics to send to new owner. That set him off with the why, what for's and there's a mistake speech. She called me while being confronted by the former owner and I told her to immediately tell him she had the wrong address and get out back into her car and leave.  Once she was cleared away from there I explained to her to never put herself in that position again, very dangerous.

Anyways, to those who has knowledge on the removal process of a prior owner law in Mississippi please chime in with any help you can give. I plan on hiring a lawyer but I like to be educated prior before talking to anyone about business. 

Thanks in advance.

Mississippi does not have a right of redemption so, assuming the foreclosure was valid, have your attorney evict...from a distance!

you need a RE attorney that is local.  let me know if you need a reference

@Ron S. and @David Edge , Thanks. I may hire the Attorney on record as Foreclosure Trustee. David I will reach out to you if they will not take it.

@David Edge , I will take you up on your of of reference. I need a eviction attorney.  Also send me any deals that you have.

"offer"

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.