Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Foreclosures
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Megan Phillips
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Vermont
Votes |
Hudson and Marshall questions

Megan Phillips
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Vermont
Posted

Hi All,

Interested in a house for auction on Hudson and Marshall's site. When I read the terms of service I got a bit confused as it states these are cash sales, not contingent on financing - but also states that if a property is vacant (it is) that you can use financing,  I also have questions about possible inspection periods and appraisals, as financing would be contingent on appraisal value. 

There is no listing agent or local phone number to call, but I couldn't get clear answers from Hudson and Marshall when I was asking about the property. They were very nice and tried to answer the questions, but it seems like everything varies from house to house individually, so they couldn't verify if I could use financing, etc, just said something like "it depends if the house is occupied or vacant, if it's vacant, you might be able to use financing..."

Should I call again and maybe have a different response? Or is there a way to find out whom the bank behind the mortgage is and attempt to talk to them directly?

This would be my/my partner's first online auction attempt, and the wording in the terms of service about legal action if I don't fulfill requirement to purchase home upon an accepted winning bid is scaring me away from bidding --- is it simpler and more flexible than the terms of service make it sound?

Megan