Votes
Jeremy Bridges
  • Antioch, TN
Votes |
Foreclosure auction after delinquent tax sale

Jeremy Bridges
  • Antioch, TN
Posted Sep 10 2018, 20:40

So I'm trying to do some research on a property that I want to bid for at an upcoming foreclosure auction.  This will be my first auction I actually bid.  I went to the deeds office and found no other deeds besides the lien  that is being foreclosed, and the deed for the property.  The confusing thing I found was under the property assessor page it shows the owner/ETUX, and a C/O which is someone else.  The husband died many years ago, but his wife passed away just 2 years ago, and the house has been vacant ever since.  I then noticed that there was a posting for delinquent tax sale earlier this year.  So I'm assuming that that person is the person that bought it at the tax sale.  I saw that the taxes were paid in March and May of this year.  In TN there is a 1yr right of redemption. So my question is, if I do decide to purchase at the foreclosure auction, will I then have to file for the redemption, or is there something else I need to do? I know the tax sale will wipe all liens, but by me purchasing at the foreclosure sale, does that not give me the right to redeem the property, or is this a mistake that the trustee made and the sale will be marked null and void?  Thanks for any advice.

Loading replies...