Foreclosures

User Stats

Votes
Brenda Stueber
Votes |
i rent from a bankruptcy property not sure what to do

Brenda Stueber
Posted Sep 19 2018, 13:23

Not sure if this is the best place to find the answer, and with my schedule and this free consultation number, we just barely miss each other.  Anyways, I live in a house that has been taken by a bankruptcy company after my landlord filed.  For a moment when we got the notice we decided to quit paying rent and save what we could to move out because at the point of the notice our landlord just disappeared no where to return our calls so the trust has been broken.  Weren't sure where the money was going and why we didn't get any notice from said landlord that this was a possibility.  Long story short, her dad took over and I started paying him rent for the room I was in along with some extra for bills and what not.  Might I mention, I am not on a lease at this point either.  Anyways, a few days I got a letter from him in my email talking about how this letter is their official letter of telling us we need to vacate the premises unless we pay like, $8,000 in fees.  Obviously they made the fees high to get me out because that is ridiculous without any notice. Or lease to put us on.  Why would i pay all that and not be on an official lease?  They don't even know if they get to keep the house.  So my question here is, what landlord tenant laws would apply to me?  And would I fall along the lines of something bona fide?  And if this is not the right place to do this, maybe direct me a place where I can?  Any and all thoughts and leads would be helpful.  Thank you in advance.

Loading replies...