Skip to content
Foreclosures

User Stats

Votes

Tax deed and tax lien sales

Jasmine Radjpaul
Posted Sep 22 2018, 16:32

Hi, my husband and I are new investors, we are interested in tax deeds and tax liens specifically in the state of Connecticut but open to any state. Where do we obtain a list of delinquent properties. We went to the tax collectors office in Fairfield county but did not have much luck.

User Stats

Votes
Ned Carey
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Baltimore, MD
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Baltimore, MD
ModeratorReplied Sep 22 2018, 22:19

@Jasmine Radjpaul welcome to BP.  Generally your county website is the place to look. It may take some searching, it is likely to be a few levels deep. Some counties may only have tax sale info up on their site around the time of their tax sale.  The property tax office should be able to help. 

I don't know why the ta collectors office wasn't able to help. Did you persist? Did you ask for someone else to help you. My guess is you were talking to the wrong person and they didn't care enough to find you the right person.

User Stats

Votes
Tom Yung
  • Investor
  • Winnipeg, Manitoba
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Winnipeg, Manitoba
Replied Sep 23 2018, 08:13

@Jasmine Radjpaul

you should be able to get a list from the county tax office. They stated County provides a yearly list.

https://www.fairfieldct.org/content/10726/11014/14...

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Tom Yung
  • Investor
  • Winnipeg, Manitoba
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Winnipeg, Manitoba
Replied Sep 23 2018, 08:24

@Jasmine Radjpaul

you should be able to get a list from the county tax office. They stated County provides a yearly list.

https://www.fairfieldct.org/content/10726/11014/14...

User Stats

Votes
Jasmine Radjpaul
Replied Sep 24 2018, 16:56

@Tom Yung, thank you for the link. 

@Ned Carey, I think we will have to go back. The person didn't seem to know what we were talking about or just didn't want to share it for whatever reason. Do you recommend a certain way or terminology to use when asking the Tax collector. For example asking for delinquent taxes instead of tax deeds which is what we asked for when we were there.