Notice of trustee's sale not posted on property?

5 Replies

I've looked at a couple of properties I found in newspaper notices of trustee's sales, and none of them had notice of trustee sale posted on the property.
Why is this? I heard attorneys manage these foreclosures, and I would think they would be sticklers in doing exactly what the regulations say they should.

There are a ton of foreclosures in my area, and I've never seen a trustee sale notice yet.
I suppose if I ever were to handle a foreclosure (god forbid) this means I could ignore such legal requirements as posting the trustee sale on the property, and maybe many others?

Originally posted by mark hu:
I've looked at a couple of properties I found in newspaper notices of trustee's sales, and none of them had notice of trustee sale posted on the property.
Why is this? I heard attorneys manage these foreclosures, and I would think they would be sticklers in doing exactly what the regulations say they should.

To find out if the owner was served, pull the file from the courthouse records and see if there is a service affidavit. I assume CA has service via a sheriff? Many times where I am the paperwork is tucked in the screen door or door handles so you can't see the paperwork unless you are a few feet away.