Skip to content
Foreclosures

User Stats

Votes
Karen G.
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Reading, PA
Votes |
Occupant of foreclosed house in PA not the owner or the tenant?

Karen G.
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Reading, PA
Posted Apr 11 2019, 19:37

Hi, I have been reading lots of different posts but can't find the answer to my problem.  I closed on a house today in Pennsylvania that I bought through Auction.com with good title, easy close.  The house was listed as occupied and drove by last week and someone was coming out of driveway so it was definitely occupied.  This property is in a very good neighborhood and built in 2016 so worth the chance of buying without seeing inside.  (this is my 7th flip but first occupied).  So stopped over today after closing and rang the door bell several times.  No answer.  Spoke to the neighbors on the lawn who said the ex-wife of former owner was inside.  Left a note on the door asking her to call us to discuss the situation.  The former owner held title by himself, no one else was on the title.  The ex-wife is in the house.  She is not a tenant.  This was all confirmed when the father of the occupant called us to follow up on our note on the door.  We are going to see our attorney on Monday but trying to get a head start on this.  What right does she have as far as eviction or ejectment go as she isn't a tenant and isn't the former owner.  Thanks for any insight anyone has on this topic.

Loading replies...