What are good local sources for finding foreclosures?

4 Replies

Auction.com - however there's a ton of competition so I don't chase foreclosures as I would rather get a better deal and an advertise sale often bids up the price.

Deals can still be found at auction.com in person sales. Certainly not as good of a deal as you may get from a less advertised source though. @Forrest Wright - start with your local newspapers. Get used to reading foreclosure auction ads. There is a lot to unpack in those and you will need to get good at skimming through them quickly.  That's all we did for many years and there are a lot of tips and tricks on how to quickly navigate that market. I no longer read the newspaper as I have a faster system in place.  But if I were you, I'd start with the newspapers. Read a few of the notices. Research the document# or loan# that is being foreclosed on. Then find that deed of trust in the county records and read it. Do it a whole bunch. Then go to the actual auctions even if you do not intend on buying that day. You'll learn a lot. Talk to the people there bidding and see if they can help you any. I know many of them are unfriendly (for good reason) but there will be someone there who can point you in the right direction. It's just a get in and go type of thing to be honest. You may also be able to buy a digital copy from the newspaper of all the public notices. That may speed things up for you too.