Occupied foreclosure sale - Should I begin the eviction process?

Occupied foreclosure sale - Should I begin the eviction process?

Real Estate Broker · Franklin Park, IL · Member since 2019 · 22 posts · 16 votes

Hello Bigger Pockets Family,

I have a legal question regarding evictions in cook county Illinois. I recently purchased a property at the Judicial auction. I received a court order with the following title," ORDER APPROVING REPORT OF SALE AND DISTRIBUTION, CONFIRMING SALE, AND ORDER OF POSSESSION. I'm most curious about the paragraph regarding possession as it reads," The successful bidder is entitled to and shall have possession of the subject property as of 60 days after the entry of this order against (defendant's names), without further order of the court, as provided in 735 ILCS 5/15-1701; That the sheriff of Cook County is directed to evict and dispossess: (defendants names) at the subject property (property address). Does this mean I do not have to go through the standard eviction process? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! 

0Reply
12 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.