Inspecting Vacant Home with Evidence of Squatters

Inspecting Vacant Home with Evidence of Squatters

Lake Zurich, IL · Member since 2017 · 20 posts · 3 votes

Good afternoon, BP!

Been following a home that has been vacant since 2018. It is (was) a beautiful home in s nice area. Owner was foreclosed and the house is going to sheriffs auction. I have the owner’s permission to enter the house for inspection, so I know the situation before bidding at auction.

Over the past couple of months, I stopped by a few times to look in the windows. Back door is open. There are empty liquor bottles, clutter and evidence that someone has been in the house. Not sure if it’s local kids partying there or squatters.

I’d like to go with my contractor to estimate the repairs needed. Any tactical guidance on how to enter the house to conduct the inspection is greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

AK

0Reply
3 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.