User Stats

Votes
Ashly Doran
Votes |
First Time Buyer -- Off Market Quadplex Aberdeen, WA

Ashly Doran
Posted Dec 5 2022, 12:34

Hi everyone,

I am a current travel nurse who through being a renter of medium and short-term rentals for quite some time, have decided to get into real estate investing so that I can be the owner and rentee. I have been trying to decide between a single-family home that I could house-hack or a multi-family property and today, an ad for an off-market 4-plex that is in my area fell into my lap. 

I have been reading books, browsing forums, and following real estate investors on social media to try and learn everything I can as my goal was to buy my first property within 6 months -- but today I think I may have stumbled upon a great opportunity. My question is, where do I start?! I am definitely experiencing some analysis paralysis and want to reach out to the seller, but do I get a real estate agent first? Do I even need one? Do I get a broker first? An attorney? An appraiser? 

I REALLY want to reach out to the seller ASAP but definitely want to be prepared. Please help!

The area is Aberdeen, WA where there is demand for travel nurse housing and Airbnb rentals. Also, all 4 units are tenant occupied (which I would all to vacate and I live in one unit) but I don't have any information about their lease status, etc.

Thank you!

Ashly

Loading replies...