• Residential Landlord
  • Greenfield, WI
Votes |
Doubling My Doors

Arnie Guida
  • Residential Landlord
  • Greenfield, WI
Posted Apr 4 2014, 06:40

Well. almost, I have a 4 family and a single, so that's 5, and I'm going to 9.

I've just bought another 4 family. A small step for many here, but a big step for me, I am a little anxious...I've got a small "team", ie, a good handyman, good painter, good furnace man and landscape guy. I do the simple things but hire out the big stuff.

Nice place, short sale. All brick, big units, all 3 br's, all individual central air, 4 1/2 concrete block garage. Wouldn't mind living there myself.

I am 56, retired, and while I'm far from rich, I'm comfortable, so the prospect of dealing with more tenants wasn't an easy decision, but what the hey, let's see how it goes. To the disdain of many here, I'm a "gentleman" landlord...forgoing maximum rents for long term tenants and the benefits that entails...I'm on a first name basis with all of my tenants.

My friend with many more properties calls me crazy for not maxing out the rents, but I see how much more work it is for him, with people coming and going.

My Father always told me, "People tell me how much rent I should be charging, but I see "For Rent" signs in front of their buildings, and my building is always full."

Loading replies...