• Involved In Real Estate
  • Louisville, KY
Votes |
need Help Evaluating a Potential 14 Duplex Purchase

Todd Jones
  • Involved In Real Estate
  • Louisville, KY
Posted Jul 18 2014, 21:35

I am currently evaluating a transaction to purchase 14 brick duplexes in a package deal for $1.6 MM. Eight of the 28 total units are 2 BR/1 1/2 BA and the remainder are 3 BR/1 1/2 BA, with rents ranging from $650 - $800 per month (gross rental income at 100% occupancy is $19k per month). The properties were developed by the owner approximately 12 years ago and have been well maintained. At an assessed value of $1.85 MM, the properties are paying about $38.5k in annual property taxes. Please advise as to whether you think this is a deal worthy of evaluating further. If so, any guidance or insight you can provide into how I should be approaching the due diligence and evaluation of the deal would be greatly appreciated. What questions and information should I ask for? What assumptions should I use in underwriting the economics? If the seller is open to creative financing, what are some possibilities I might consider proposing? If you have questions or need more info to accurately assess the situation and share your perspective, please feel free to ask. Many thanks!

Loading replies...