• Seattle, WA
Votes |
Help me structure creative-finance Offer Structure for 6-plex

Andrew Kniffin
  • Investor
  • Seattle, WA
Posted Jan 6 2015, 14:43

All:

I'd like your help in structuring a creative solution to buy a 6-plex that is physically in good shape, though financially it's a mess.  

Here are the details:

• "Ask" price is $299K, though Seller's Agent has suggested to me that deal may be attainable at $250K. 
  • Will be a Short Sale.
  • Owner is in default on his loan to local bank: balance owed as of July 2014 = $254K.  Additionally, there are ~$14K additional in interest since July, and another $14K in late fees.  TOTAL DUE TO BANK would be $282K.  
  • Mortgage with local bank expired in July.  Bank refused to extend/roll over.  It had been a 7 year note at 6.25%.  
  • During Summer 2014, local bank accepted an offer where they'd net $210K after all commissions, fees, etc. That deal fell through. 
  • Total delinquent taxes to County is ~$21,000.  
  • Annual Revenue Generated is ~ $56K.  At $250K purchase, that would be close to "2% rule".
  • Building is in good physical shape.  I ave already done a walkthrough.
  • Market brochure advertises NOI of $42K, though that is high. I'm assuming net NOI of $27K, after reserves vacancies, property mgr, etc.

ISSUE:  How do you structure a deal that would satisfy the Short-Selling Bank, the County (backtaxes), and the Owner, while still being financially viable for Buyer? (Sidebar: does the owner matter - he would not get anything regardless.)

Would very much appreciate everyone's input here.  I want to be courageous, but not rash, in pursuing this one.  

Loading replies...