Networking North Carolina

6 Replies

Hello All,

My name is Robbie and I am a part time investor.  I have been a landlord for about 8 years so, I have a little experience with everything that comes with investment property. However, I would like to take things to the next level and become a full time investor. At the present time I am just at a stand still.  I realized I don't have the connections I need to find the great deals.  Also, I don't have the connections to offer me the options I need for financing.  I welcome any suggestions or advice to point me in the right direction

Thanks

Hi Robbie, and welcome to BP! I invest in the Hickory area, so I'd love to meet up sometime and talk. Like you, I am trying to make the move to full time. What kind of investing are you interested in doing? Flips, buy/hold, notes etc.?

Hi Austin,

I like the buy and hold.  I am trying to build up my cash flow.  Also, I have been looking in the hickory area too.  How long have you been an investor?

I've been investing for over 20 years, but only in the last year or so has the opportunity to go full time really become a viable option. I actually live closer to Cherokee NC ,but I've been investing in the Hickory for about 8 years. I really like the market overall.

Okay, I am about 30 miles from Hickory and both of my current investments are in Iredell county.  I have been looking in Catawba and Rowan counties.  Do you find it difficult to get funding for investment properties?

I've considered investing in the Statesville area, but have never had any connections there. Maybe you can help out there. As for financing, it is difficult. I've been promised so many things by bank only to have them back out during the contract period. I now have earned the trust of some private lenders, so that really opens more doors. 

Next time I'm in the area, I'll let you know so maybe we can get together for a coffee or beer.

Hi Austin,

Yes, what kind of properties are you looking for in Statesville?  I can keep you updated if I hear about anything you might be interested in.  Also, yes, that  would be great for us meet over coffee/beer when you are in the area.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.