Skip to content
Multi-Family and Apartment Investing

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Howard
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Votes |
Should I go big or go small for first muti family investment?

Ryan Howard
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Posted Apr 2 2015, 23:07

Hi everyone I am a inspiring real estate investor. And I am looking to take advantage of the fha loan program. I'm 22 from Pittsburgh Pa and have about 10k saved up. I have about a year and a half left before I'm at my 2 year mark at my current job and am able to apply for an fha loan. I'm also in the process of looking for a second job to help increase my monthly savings so when the time comes I will have more money to invest with and also have a higher monthly income to hopefully allow me to get a bigger property. The main question I have is for my first investment property should I try and get a bigger 3-4 unit or just a normal duplex? I am hoping to get my second property as soon as possible after I get my first and don't know which route I should take to get my first. Also if someone would be able to explain to me the steps of aquiring my second rental property. Like would I have to put at least 20% cash down since I'm planning on using fha loan for my first? Or would I be able to leverage my first property to get a second? I'm sorry if I seems as if I am talking in circles, I'm new to the whole real estate thing and still have a lot to learn so bare with me. I'm looking forward to gaining valuable information from anyone who is willing to help. 

Loading replies...