California Investment Opportunities

4 Replies

As a newbie living in California, I have come to understand that our high prices limit the RE investment opportunities here. compared to most states.  I would like to hear from the California members about the types of investing and deals they are getting involved with here in CA, or do you just prefer to look for property and investment opportunities outside of CA?

I live in the Los Angeles County were prices are high, but I've found that just about an hour or two drive out of Los Angeles you can still find reasonable prices I've yet to make my first purchase as I am not yet at that point, but have been actively seaching on Craigslist. 

P.S yes you are not going to find 25 or 30 thousands dollar homes like u could in other parts of the country but there are still deals to be found.

Originally posted by @Steven Roffer :

As a newbie living in California, I have come to understand that our high prices limit the RE investment opportunities here. compared to most states.  I would like to hear from the California members about the types of investing and deals they are getting involved with here in CA, or do you just prefer to look for property and investment opportunities outside of CA?

Check class C near area code 900xx. There are homes that are 240-300 that rents around 1800-2200.

Hi Steven,

I'm in Northern CA and I do all my investing in-state. I look outside major metropolitan areas and seek bargains by combing MLS for the rare fixer that pencils out, taking part in tax deed auctions, inquiring about abandoned houses, and buying mobile homes. It's working for me! Best wishes in your endeavors.

@Steven Roffer

Check out areas northeast and east of downtown. close to job centers, relatively affordable, and has come a long way in the last 10 or 15 years. 

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.