Votes
Kelly Rompel
  • Millstadt, IL
Votes |
Need your Advice! First Multi-Family Investment

Kelly Rompel
  • Millstadt, IL
Posted Aug 23 2015, 08:16

Hi BP community! Special thanks to everyone who has offered advice and answers on this website. I have learned a great deal and your generosity is very much appreciated.

I am currently looking into possibly purchasing a 6 unit multi-family and this is my first multi and would like your advice for assessing the deal. Here's the facts I have:

Four 2 BR each with large storage unit w/ washer/dryer hookups

Two Efficiencies w/ washer/dryer hookups

Six carports with Storage Units

Well constructed building with a newer roof and all units but 1 remodeled. Well maintained property with VERY low vacancy. I know the local inspector and he agrees that the property is in very good shape. Yearly rents received $49,525. Total yearly expenses including advertising, cleaning, maintenance, insurance, professional fees, management, repairs, supplies, taxes, utilities, depreciation= $26,652.

NOI= $32, 038

The owner is asking $300,000. From my MLS comps, all I have available for comparison in the area is Two 8 units that sold for $300,000. These complexes were not in as great of shape as the Six unit I am looking at nor was the area as great, but nonetheless that's all I have to compare. The rent is comparable to the area if not just a little low, but the current owner has had some tenants for >20 years and hasn't increased rent on them for fear of losing them. ( apparently they are great tenants who don't cause any problems).

Thanks for ANY advice you can give on this deal. I appreciate your time!!!!!

Kelly

Loading replies...