Cash out Refinance of Commercial Property?

13 Replies

Has anyone had any experience with this?  I'm trying to find a bank in the Boston Massachusetts area but I'm having a hard time.  I've called about 10 so far and will continue to but no one is willing to do it even with 40% equity.  I wanted to pull equity for future projects. 

I defer to the BP Community to help me and share your experience.

Thanks!  Have a great day all!

if an appraisal will support it and the property is producing income then I'm not sure why you couldn't cash it out for up to 80% LTV

How many units and what is the loan amount are you trying to obtain?

129K mortgage 235K assessment. Looking for 50K which is within the 80% LTV.

Hi @Ryan Rogers - What are the reasons they are giving you?  Got to love the banks!  I have dealt with a lot of different lenders and I know of a few that can lend where traditional lenders can't or won't.  Inbox me/Colleague Request and we can discuss.

Originally posted by @Ryan Rogers :

129K mortgage 235K assessment. Looking for 50K which is within the 80% LTV.

At that LTV you would need a new first as a LOC generally caps out at 75% CLTV on my lender's product.

Originally posted by @David Acosta :

Hey @Ryan Rogers, any update on your search for a cash out refi?  

Not yet:(

Completed a cash out refinance at 80%LTV on a commercial property finally!

What was the value of the building and with what lender? 

Glad to hear it worked out!  Was there a specific tipping point for you that got things moving in the right right direction?

We have a commercial property in Snellville GA which is 98% occupied with an assessment of $2.35MM. Looking to cash out $1.5MM and we have a current mortgage of about $660k. Is that possible? @Darryl Dahlen

Who did you use for cash out refiinacne @Ryan Rogers

Ryan Rogers: Glad to hear you captured the unicorn in the room. I have heard many frustrating answers on the cash-out refi opportunity on apts. So, here are my questions: What was the seasoning period (heard 6mos to 2yrs)? Is the 80% based on NOI or on the owner equity? When you did get the refi what was the qualification process? Any and all comments are appreciated.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here