Can you help me judge a future market?

13 Replies

Any help on doing this?

Hi Tony,

It's pretty tough from what I hear and what I try to dig up to find out exactly what Mr. Market is going to do in the imminent future. However, there are historical trends that you can look for to take a guess at where you local real estate market is within the cycle. Let me know if this article below helps at all!

http://www.dce.harvard.edu/professional/blog/how-u...

Hi Tony,

A few things that I would consider when evaluating a market:

• Population Trends
  • Job Trends
  • Job Diversity
  • Who are the top employers in the market
  • Are companies moving into market/leaving market
  • New construction starts
  • What are the top industries/Is the market dominated by one

Hope this helps! RC

Thank you.

@Ryan Cox do you think proximity to the Canadian border would have much to do with rental markets?

I think that the growth in Washington state and specifically in Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue point to strong rental markets based on population growth in the past 5 years(8.54% growth 2010 to 2015).  How that applies to Bellingham would need further research.

@Ryan Cox

interesting....how would one research that?

@Tony Gallina Start googling the questions you are asking, that would be a start. Are you really a commercial broker?

Yes.....albiet a new one

Originally posted by @Ryan Cox :

I think that the growth in Washington state and specifically in Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue point to strong rental markets based on population growth in the past 5 years(8.54% growth 2010 to 2015).  How that applies to Bellingham would need further research.

According to this data it looks like Bellingham has seen almost 41.5% growth in population since 2000.. This is a great tool for evaluating areas as a whole and even comparing them to other areas side by side..

Originally posted by @Ryan Cox :

According to this data it looks like Bellingham has seen almost 41.5% growth in population since 2000.. This is a great tool for evaluating areas as a whole and even comparing them to other areas side by side..

@Tony Gallina  

check out this tool I found online when looking at properties.. all of this info should be readily available and easy to access for a Commercial Real Estate Broker.. How long have you been a broker for, I've got friends and family out there, maybe I can send them your way if they ever need help finding a property!!

@Brian J Peterson

Iv been a broker for about a month now. Thank yes please do i always like to net work!

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here