what are the good locations in NC for multifamily units

16 Replies

Hi, I am looking to invest in multifamily units in NC. what are the great locations i need to search in NC.

@Ramakrishna C. - I am in Morrisville as well. I'd be happy to connect with you and recommend some good CRE brokers who can help you vet and secure a multifamily property. Feel free to reach out to me.

Hi Nathan, Thanks.  

@Ramakrishna C. Charlotte, NC and the submarkets of it bc Charlotte seems to have steady job growth year over year, low unemployment, and a diverse job base. It's also the second-largest banking center in the United States and is home to seven Fortune 500 companies.

Charlotte and Raleigh consistently rank as some of the best rental investments in the country.  Check out this data for more info: https://www.aptindex.com/

please share me details

Charlotte is going through a huge apartment building craze right now.  There are large luxury apartments being built all around the city.  Most of them are in very close vicinity to the uptown area, but there are many being built on the outskirts as well.  There definitely are still some older apartment communities that may work as a value-add investment, but I would look towards the surrounding areas of Charlotte for a better opportunity.   Concord/Kannapolis, Gastonia, Monroe, and Rock Hill, SC are all commuter areas into Charlotte and should have some better options.

Originally posted by @Sean Boyle :

Charlotte is going through a huge apartment building craze right now.  There are large luxury apartments being built all around the city.  Most of them are in very close vicinity to the uptown area, but there are many being built on the outskirts as well.  There definitely are still some older apartment communities that may work as a value-add investment, but I would look towards the surrounding areas of Charlotte for a better opportunity.   Concord/Kannapolis, Gastonia, Monroe, and Rock Hill, SC are all commuter areas into Charlotte and should have some better options.

@Sean Boyle  thanks. I am looking RDU and surrounding areas (1 hours from Raleigh).

Gastonia is definitely a high rental area right now still. I get lots of leads for people looking to rent.

@Ramakrishna C. I can't speak too much to 5+ units, but general areas we like are Raleigh, Durham, Charlotte, Cary, Greensboro, Asheville. Obviously each area will have its good and bad (less desirable) areas, but those are good jumping off areas that we look in.

@ Ramakrishna . I agree with Sean Boyle. I would love to talk with you. I have properties in Concord and Kannapolis area. 

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here