Property management company Huntsville/Decatur AL area

11 Replies

Anybody got a good PM company in Huntsville/Decatur area? Looking at a mid size complex up there. This will be key to the deal.

I'm looking in Huntsville as well. have spoken to several:

Huntsville Property Management and Rockettown property management. Both very nice. I don't have any deals yet in the area. They were both asking for 10% of monthly rent for management fee. Is that the standard in the area?

Hey @Josh Carlegis , what size is the complex? For larger complexes (50+), check out Providian Real Estate Management, one of the top PM companies in northern AL. Brody Black is the founder/owner and has tons of experience managing properties large and small, all over the country, section 8, evictions, he's seen everything. He might do less than 50 units, though I know he prefers larger.

@Kashyap Trivedi Are you looking at single family or multi-family? For single family, I think 10% sounds about right. You might be able to negotiate 9 or 8% once you have a few properties. I use Rocket City PM in Huntsville. They're great at what they do and can also help you find deals too. 

Thanks Annie for the tips. Yeah, looking at single family homes. Good to know 10% is the starting pt.

Is there a good insurance company that you have had good luck with there?

Best,
Kash

Thanks Annie! I will check in to them if I can get a deal. I am looking at anything but ideally it will be over 50 units.

Kashyap....I started at 10% with my PM down here but once you get over 3 properties they reduced to 8%. I have one that charges a flat fee ($500 I think) to take Mgmt and the one I use the most charges me one months rent to place the first tenant and 8% gross collected rent after.

I use independence realty and have had a decent experience with them thus far. Currently have a SFR with them and have a 4-unit under contract that will be managed by them. I second the Clinton Orr Rec as well. He will be handling my insurance on the 4-unit as well.

Thanks for helpful information here.

I am also looking in Huntsville as well.

Any lenders ? you have worked with. Any neighborhoods to avoid?

Any input would be helpful.

Thanks

Thanks for helpful information here.

I am also looking in Huntsville as well.

Any lenders ? you have worked with. Any neighborhoods to avoid?

Any input would be helpful.

Thanks

@Deepika Tandon Hi Deepika, happy to help.

I've had a good experience with two brokers in the Huntsville area:

James Froman: Supreme Lending 

Ashley Templeton:  at midtown mortgage

Neighboor hoods to avoid:

Depending on what you're looking for. Madison and SE huntsville are pretty good areas. Trulia has a good crime map and greatschools.org is how I look for schools in vicinities where I am looking to invest

I hope this helps. Happy hunting!

Hi guys,

There is some great information here. I recently acquired 19 duplexes in Huntsville, Alabama (C class clustered together) with a couple of partners. We have management on site which has worked out well for the previous owner, but I would love to know recommendations for this portfolio just in case - they are run almost like a multifamily apartment building because of their proximity.

One thing that I think would be a great asset would be Spanish speaking staff. Does any property manager fit the bill in the area?

Thanks,

Daniel

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here