Ever Use This Marketing Strategy?

5 Replies

For those of you that hold meet-ups, seminars, etc- ever buy a list, then do a direct mail campaign? 

If so, what companies/resources did you use and how did things work out for you with respect to getting people to attend your event? 

Thanks!

I'm going to be following these results, I am trying to do the same thing right now! (forming a meetup)

I started by going to meetup.com and signing up ($14.99 a month or $9.99 if sign up for six months) but have not been getting RSVPs so far. I am not a pro member and couldn't post it on BP, maybe that is the missing key?

Hope you get some responses here! Good luck to all of us trying to do this! :) 

@Chris Tracy I don't think you'll get good results that way. Most serious investors attend events where they know the host or have heard about it through another investor. If you want a good group, I'd recommend networking and telling people you're thinking about starting an event.

@Chris Tracy I'm would say that its all about getting the word out. Social Media is a good way to do it.  I would look at facebook groups for Real Estate Investors in your area. I started a meet up about a year ago, and have over 250 members currently. We meet every month, and have an attendance of about 25-35 people. 

Also make sure that your group message explains the idea of the meeting. Too many pitching real estate meeting now a days and people don't like those so much. 

Hope this helps. 

@Chris Tracy , did you listen to last week's BP podcast? The guest talked about using social media to create a group of people. I'd give his idea of using a survey in a facebook ad a shot. 

Most major metro areas have an overload of MeetUps...to the point of saturation. Now, potential attendee's will look solely at the value the topic/presentation will have on their business. If you don't have a "known and credible" person presenting a topic with real value, you'll likely see little results. 

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here