• Rental Property Investor
  • San Jose
Votes |
Change realtor after putting an offer

Kaori Gutierrez
  • Rental Property Investor
  • San Jose
Posted Mar 24 2018, 01:04
Hello. I’ve just submitted an offer (the form I signed called purchase and sale agreement) for our first investment property(duplex) in Jacksonville FL. However, I’m very unsatisfied with my realtor. Can I change realtor if this offer is turned down? ( I was told that it seems to be happened) and if I change the realtor, do I have to give up on this property?? She was introduced by the lending company I’m willing to use. She sounded very professional on the first phone conversation even though she admitted that investment property is not her speciality. She told me that she know one guy whom she can ask advise from. So I thought I can count on that. Since I live in CA, I definitely need someone I can trust in the area. She was ok first but I noticed that she is becoming too lay back/ rude and she doesn’t do what I ask her to do. For example, I sent her a few lists of the houses I was interested in and asked her opinion. She said she would check but she never did and stuff like that. Fortunately I found a good property so I put an offer today. This is the only property she went to see for us. I think she went there because it is very close to her house. I don’t feel like she cared about any of my concerns. She didn’t share some information she got from the listing agency until I snapped today. Her email is always short and not much explanation. So I usually call her and try to ask questions but I sense that she gets annoyed by my calling. If the offer is accepted, I should go with her. but if not, can I change and how? Also if anyone knows good agents in Jacksonville handling out of states buyer, please let me know! I appreciate any advise!

Loading replies...