• Homeowner
  • Grandview, WA
Votes |
First Apartment Offer- Suggestions?

Joe Edwards-Hoff
  • Homeowner
  • Grandview, WA
Posted Apr 16 2018, 19:38

So, I started another thread just asking about the place I'm looking at. The long story short is this-

Unless I find something horrifically wrong, the 10 unit apartment complex I'm looking at looks like a good value. Full asking price would be fine by me. That said, I am not PRE qualified. I went and talked to a bank and they didn't think that they'd have a problem loaning me the money, but I know that the sellers have talked to a few investors who are prequalified. Aside from a single family rental I own, I'm not a big time investor (yet). So I feel a bit discouraged in writing an offer. Any suggestions? In short, I feel like the best I can do is offer their full asking price, contingent on financing, and giving myself a decent window of time to make that happen. Is there anything that I could do to make my offer more appealing? Can I just ask them that? I really don't desire to offer them more money (who would), but a little more wouldn't hurt if it meant that they'd give me the time to work with the bank. 

I'm open for ideas or suggestions. I've got a lot of bank paperwork to fill out... Earnest money? Would that sweeten the deal? Again, I'm open for thoughts. I'd love to snag this place. It's the perfect sized investment for me.

Loading replies...