Initial walk-through inspection checklist?

Initial walk-through inspection checklist?

Rental Property Investor · Brunswick, OH · Member since 2018 · 200 posts · 127 votes

I'm looking at 4-10 unit MULTIFAMILY and MIXED USE properties. Does anyone have a good checklist of questions to ask or things to look at when doing an initial walk-through? I always seem to forget something. I've checked the Files section and did not find much in this category. Thanks BP!

0Reply
35 views

Most Popular Reply

Developer · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 904 votes
8y
I can share a checklist we used for a 284 unit deal we are closing on soon
See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Developer · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 904 votes
    8y
    I can share a checklist we used for a 284 unit deal we are closing on soon
  • Rental Property Investor · Brunswick, OH · Member since 2018 · 200 posts · 127 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Percy N.:

    I can share a checklist we used for a 284 unit deal we are closing on soon

    Percy - I'd love to see what you used. I'm sure I'll be able to scale it back quite a bit to meet my own needs, but anything would be helpful at this time. Thank you!

  • Rental Property Investor · Brunswick, OH · Member since 2018 · 200 posts · 127 votes
    8y

    Since I have not see a lot of responses, I figured I'd add a link to a video that was helpful. It's pretty basic stuff, but as a first-time commercial buyer I found it useful. Commercial Building Inspections (YouTube) 

  • Atlanta, GA · Member since 2018 · 93 posts · 33 votes
    8y

    @Percy N.  Could you share the list with me as well?  Just started DD on a (much smaller) property.

    Thanks

  • Rental Property Investor · Brunswick, OH · Member since 2018 · 200 posts · 127 votes
    8y
    @Ari Newman - i never got anything from Percy, but I did just buy and start reading "The Due Diligence Handbook for Commercial Real Estate" by Brian Hennessy. I'm only 2 chapters in but it seems like a great resource do far. The Due Diligence Handbook For Commercial Real Estate: A Proven System To Save Time, Money, Headaches And Create Value When Buying Commercial Real Estate https://www.amazon.com/dp/1511996897/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_JgKuBbZMWWE5E
  • Atlanta, GA · Member since 2018 · 93 posts · 33 votes
    8y

    @David Bardwell Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check it out :)

  • Developer · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 904 votes
    8y

    @David Bardwell , I never received your email address. Please PM it to me and I will be happy to share.

    I have the DD book you reference and it is a good one.

    Thanks

    Percy

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.