• Developer
  • New York City, NY
Votes |
Grant Cardone / Cardone Capital

Calvin Thomas
  • Developer
  • New York City, NY
Posted Aug 2 2018, 16:40

My office received a call from one of his reps today. I thought the pitch was a pie in the sky type of deal.  Anyone hear of this guy on Youtube,  Grant Cardone?  He boasts a half a billion dollar real estate empire in Florida and Texas.  I believe he get's around 90% financing, plus he also takes in money from investors.  Something doesn't seem 100%.   He also does these seminars and other marketing stuff.  He seems all over the place and also trying to raise capital from others.  Just some basic math, if he's financing 90%, paying out at least 6% to investors, and locking in a 3.5% mortgage from Fannie Mae; because he's a preferred client, there doesn't seem much leeway for him to make money.  I understand the cash flow portion of it, as that is what we do.  We just do not raise capital or borrow money that much anymore.  However, my concern is that when the recession hits and the evictions start, that cash flow will dry up.  He seems to be working on extremely thin margins.  He's also in very lofty areas of Miami; which were the first to go in the last recession.  He reminds me of the Polka King (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_Lewan).

Am I reading into the numbers incorrectly?

Loading replies...