Rod Khleif's Multifamily Bootcamp

20 Replies

Hey gang. Has anyone been to a Rod Khleif Bootcamp? My partner and I attended the Cicago one, and I have to say that there was a lot of content given out. 

One thing that we were surprised about was the fact that OUR PROPERTY was featured. When I say our property, I mean we found it, negotitated it, contracted it, and began our due diligence. Then we presented it to Rod Khleif's group and they liked it enough to partner with us.

It is true that if you find a property the money will appear, Rod and Robert sure helped out with that. COuldn't have done it without them.

We were just shocked to see that it was part of the training. Cool.

If anyone has been considering Rod Khleif, I would say he is the real deal.

There is another one in Atlanta that is filling up. Not sure if I will make it but was wondering if anyone else was planning on going?

Hi Stephen,

I was at the Chicago Bootcamp too.  The information was great as well as the networking, although I don't think we met.

I keep hearing it over and over, if you find a deal, you will find the money.  Good job, sounds like you proved it!

Craig

Hey Stephen,

I was there as well!  The networking and mindset were my favorite parts of the program.  Was your property the Beevercreak Ohio deal?  If so I am happily invested ;). 

I was there as well and he put on a great event! Congrats on finding the money for the deal. I would caution that finding a deal will find the money. Find the money first. Work diligently at that before wrapping up properties that are bigger than your group can handle. That doesn't mean you need the money in your pocket, but at least understand that if you need to raise $1mm, that you actually can raise that amount and more. 

Sorry for a one response for multiple people
Michael Wang - Yes the Beavercreek deal he spoke about is the one my group brought him. We just started looking at an interesting one.

Todd Dexheimer - I couldn't agree more. We actually had tracked down quite a bit of money prior to the deal. Had a problem finding a sponsor. Found Rod through my son's contact with him. And they wanted to go 506c so they could talk about it on their podcast - I think they misunderstand what solititation is (or I do) but when we went that direction my money was no good.

Omar Khan - I couldn't agree more with you. And I really did misspeak about find money if you have a deal. In the single family world, if you have a good deal you can probably find the money. In the multifamily world, waiting to look for the money until after you found the deal is disaster. What I meant was that because it was a good deal, and the group had enough investors to talk to, we were able to find the money to complete the deal. Thanks for the catch - I would not want anyone to get into multifamily thinking that 'the money is laying on the street'.

Hey guys, responding to this thread because Omar Khan is a friend, and I met Todd Dexheimber day before yesterday. I agree with Omar 100%. I have raised over 30 million dollars for my projects and for my partners projects, and I DO NOT RAISE money when in a deal. Always raise before a deal comes up. Soft commitments and database nurturing are the key.

What I can't seem to figure out is how Rod and his group, REM Capital, can be doing so many deals in its short lifetime, and yet, there is like no mention of it/him on BP. There must be 50-250 investors out there in the world, NONE of them are talking about Rod and REM? How am I able to do due diligence on their reputation, would you suggest?

Originally posted by @Jason Merchey :

What I can't seem to figure out is how Rod and his group, REM Capital, can be doing so many deals in its short lifetime, and yet, there is like no mention of it/him on BP. There must be 50-250 investors out there in the world, NONE of them are talking about Rod and REM? How am I able to do due diligence on their reputation, would you suggest?

I think people involved in his group are much more active on Facebook than BP. His FB group has nearly 37k members.

I'm not part of the core "warrior" group, but I am signed up to attend the bootcamp in February.  At just under 100 dollars, it's a bargain for the network alone.  There is also a ton of solid content over the 2 days as well.

Anyone else signed up for his event in February? 

Hey Andrew, I am looking to sign up for the Feb. program at the 97.00 price.   I am a new investor looking to purchase my first multi very soon.  It looks like a good amount of info and hopefully not a sales pitch to commit to something much larger.  

Originally posted by @Stephen Oakley :

Hey Andrew, I am looking to sign up for the Feb. program at the 97.00 price.   I am a new investor looking to purchase my first multi very soon.  It looks like a good amount of info and hopefully not a sales pitch to commit to something much larger. 

in the real estate info / training space. all 97.00 or 299.00 programs are simply feeder events geared towards taking the students to the next level and selling their 20 to 50k mentoring packages its how the industry works. 

Many will do fine with the 97.00..  However as we probably know at least if its a live event it cost more than 97.00 to put butts in the seats.. So there is always another motive.

Originally posted by @Steve Morris :

OOC - How much Mr Khleif want for the info and networking privilege?

Guru  Trainer whatever you want to call it all works the same.

you have the come on events that are either free or very cheap..  then they will usually sell a 3 day package that does a little more in depth

and that one can cost 2 to 5k.. then they go for the advanced training and those usually run 20 to 50k..  

And for many its worth it.. If they actually have capacity to transact.. but if they do .. someone like you a  veteran commercial broker is really all they need.. Someone who is looking to get into that asset space but lacks capacity and knowledge many times can find it there.

and of course majority do nothing. but you will have 10 to 20% take off no doubt about it.. I have been funding students of guru's for 20 plus years in the SFR flip and OOS rental game.. So know it works :)

Also you would be amazed at those expensive  boot camps the 40k ones how many real estate brokers sign up and pay for those.. Being a vendor at many of those events over the years ( introduced as a lender or capital partner) I have chatted with many.. Also you will get a fair amount of folks that say just sold their business for some amount of millions and want to learn this stuff and 40k is just play money to them.

And of course you have the others the dreamers who have to put it on CC and go into serious debt to do it.. ( which of course i would never advise to do)  but then again Hewlett and Packard started with a 15k loan in Palo Alto so who knows.