• Real Estate Agent
  • Chattanooga TN
Votes |
A College Dilemma

Ben Bymaster
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Chattanooga TN
Posted Sep 19 2018, 17:33
I've always loved real estate. I would stare at house plan books for hours on end as a child, before creating my own floor plans. I read nearly 50 business and real estate investing books throughout high school. Nearly all of the content I consumed on my own was about real estate. I even got in trouble at my high school hourly job multiple times because I would have headphones on listening to the BP podcast. For many years now I've wanted to become a commercial real estate investor. I just graduated high school, and my plan is to get a finance degree in college which will hopefully help me land a job in the commercial industry before investing on my own. I've taken over a year's worth of college classes, and it honestly feels extremely suffocating. I wake up everyday with an unexplainable urge/hunger to invest in commercial real estate, but I have to spend the entire day learning abstract skills which I will never use in life. I'm beginning to think that this plan is not the most efficient way to become an investor. I would love to get some advice from someone in this field. Is college truly the best path? It just feels like I'm racking up a massive amount of debt and waisting my time while I could actually be working. Thanks for reading!

Loading replies...