• Rental Property Investor
  • New York City
Votes |
Passive Investments Enabled Me To Quit My Job Last Week

Holly Williams
  • Rental Property Investor
  • New York City
Posted Oct 16 2018, 15:45

I began investing in syndications as a multifamily limited partner around 5 years ago, and the passive income that I'm making is enough that I was able to quit my job last week.  I'm 56 years old, and I was an accredited investor for many years but didn't even know what that was, and I didn't know that real estate syndications even existed.  I moved some money out of the stock market, and over the years, redeployed those dollars as an LP.  My income from those deals has now enabled me live comfortably and help others do what I've done. I'm absolutely here to tell you that you can passively invest, do no work and take very reasonable risk, and easily have a six-figure tax-deferred income.  

My daughter has 4 years left in high school, and I'm really too young to retire, so I'm going to focus on building my personal brand, sharing my story, and helping others do what I did. Passive real estate investing changed my life, and the best part is that it requires no work and I could do it while I was still employed. I had done SFR and multiplexes, but I've found nothing so far that beats passive investing for safety and returns. It's truly the best way to learn this business and invest while holding down a full time job.

Anyway, many of you here on Biggerpockets have played a role in me getting here, and I'm super grateful for all.  You've taught me a lot.  Now I hope that I can pay it forward by helping others do the same.

Loading replies...