First Multi - Advice needed

3 Replies

Hey @Joby Houck , looks like an okay deal. Personally for multi-family deals I prefer closer to $200/door cash flow but that's me. It looks like you've accounted for all the major expenses and they all seem within average deal parameters I would use. Depending on the condition of the property I might lower CapEx to 5% and raise Repairs/Maint. to 10%, but that's kind of splitting hairs. Looks like you've got a sweetheart of a loan, is this going to be seller financed? If not, where did you find a 5.2% loan? Also what's your term? With the market where it is what's your term? Anything shorter than 5 years would be concerning.

Last observation, from a BRRRR perspective the difference between your purchase price and ARV is thin. If you're plan is to buy and hold and you don't have a problem leaving $60k+ in the deal then awesome, but if you're goal is to BRRRR then you need to either buy lower or find a way to make the ARV higher, forced appreciation.

Hope that helps... 

Great advice Charles.  I just guessed on the value after cleaning it up. Don’t have a lot of experience and having a hard time trying to figure out what it would be in terms of value after I purchase and invest little money in it. Thoughts? 

@Joby Houck The value of a deal really depends on your goal and your business plan. 

If your goal is to sell (or refinance) it in xxx number of years at yyy price, then you need a business plan on how you will increase income and lower expenses ( grow NOI to justify the exit/refinance price).

If your goal is to get cashflow every month, then you also need a business plan on how you plan to deal with tenant acquisition/retention and day to day management to keep the cashflow you intend to get.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here