Looking for Core 4 Recos in Columbus, Ohio

Looking for Core 4 Recos in Columbus, Ohio

Columbus Ohio/ Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2019 · 23 posts · 20 votes

Hello! 

My name is Nick Uhas and I'm a huge fan of Bigger Pockets. I've read 5 of their books (just finished BRRR) and have listened to 3 of their audiobooks.

MY STORY: My parents signed over to me 4 rental properties in Columbus, Ohio a few blocks from The Ohio State University. Of these 4, one rents very well but needs some repairs and the other 3 need some pretty hefty rehab. 

Starting next week I'll be embarking on a real estate investing journey where I'll be rehabbing and renting these properties and then continuing to invest into the Columbus, Ohio market. 

I currently live in Los Angeles, but make my way back "home" to Columbus, Ohio quite often (at least once every 2 months). 

From here I'm reaching out to the bigger Pockets forums for any recommendations on the core 4 in the Columbus, Ohio area (agent, property management, lenders, and contractors). 

I'd also love to meet up with any other members who live in the area and currently invest. I'm going to be in this market for a LONG TIME and would love to build some relationships now. 

Thanks to everyone who replies to this post and hopefully see you soon! 

2Reply
20 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2018 · 192 posts · 346 votes
7y

@Kalina C. and I just took a trip out to Columbus from LA and met some great folks on the ground. Happy to share notes. 

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2016 · 335 posts · 144 votes
    7y

    @Nick Uhas Welcome Nick to the multifamily space.  Have you checked out Apartment Syndication school by Joe Fairless yet?  There are a lot of resources out there to help you.  I am down in Orange County.  If there is anything I can help you with just give me a hoolla.

  • Joshua DawsonPro Member
    Real Estate Broker · Dublin, OH · Member since 2013 · 111 posts · 36 votes
    7y

    @Nick Uhas what a great way to get started. Would love to grab lunch/coffee/dinner next time you’re in town!

  • Rental Property Investor · Glen Rock, NJ · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y

    @Nick Uhas

    Welcome to BP. Go with reverse-engineering your strategy on BP: search for "Columbus, OH" and go through the old posts to see whom you should connect with and be pro-active. Also, BP has a section for meetups under BP/Network/Events. Search for the local events there and join in.

    Best!

  • Columbus Ohio/ Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2019 · 23 posts · 20 votes
    7y

    @Alina Trigub thank you! I will do this. Much appreciated 

  • Real Estate Broker · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2018 · 192 posts · 346 votes
    7y

    @Kalina C. and I just took a trip out to Columbus from LA and met some great folks on the ground. Happy to share notes. 

  • Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    @Nick Uhas wow that is a nice way to get into the market. Columbus is growing rapidly and I haven't really seen any properties around campus have trouble renting out so you should get a nice pool of applicants to choose from. Best of luck!

  • Columbus Ohio/ Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2019 · 23 posts · 20 votes
    7y

    @Jacob Edwards that's good to hear, and yes... I feel very fortunate! I'm going to be filming everything and putting it on YouTube for all to learn from what happens too

  • Member since 2019 · 32 posts · 26 votes
    7y

    hey nick, im Vincent im also an investor here in town. im working on my core 4. i have a good contractor who is talented and does great work. i'm trying to work on a handyman for when i dont need someone with a licence. im still looking for an agent,  and lender. Im doing my own PM because i feel like i have not yet found someone who meets my standards. I've been told im picky but thats not the case, i just dont accept sub par management of my properties. if i can help you out in any way let me know. I just found the site and am trying to gain some knowledge and experience to help ensure my success with my properties 

  • Columbus Ohio/ Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2019 · 23 posts · 20 votes
    7y

    @Vincent Gable hey dude! welcome to the forums!! I've found some amazing feedback through this community. I really appreciate you reaching out. Currently I'm working with some guys over at CoreOhio. Everyone in Columbus has positive reviews of them. LMK how I could help in return. Thanks man! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.