Multifamily syndication attorney

10 Replies

Can you please recommend me a good multifamily syndication attorney based in Atlanta 

1. Can the same attorney do the closing too? or different attorney?

2. What are the average fees for the multifamily transaction? 

3.  Can you charge the attorney fee upfront from investors?  

@Chamara Edirisinghe the SEC attorney does not need to be local but your closing attorney will be. They will be separate individual/firms as they are different areas of practice.

Fees vary depending on the deal but usually $10-$20k

The fees are paid for in advance by the sponsor and get reimbursed from the equity funds.

Can you please recommend me a good multifamily syndication attorney based in Atlanta

@Chamara Edirisinghe , I agree with @Greg Dickerson . The best syndication attorneys that actually specialize in commercial multifamily, may not be local in your state. I know of a real knowledgeable attorney; Mauricio Rauld! He's on facebook. He's always addressing head on issues (free education) that all beginning syndicators need to know. Not to mention, he's very genuine. A lot of these guys, it's just all about the sale. He also specializes in asset protection, which is a plus in this game.

1. Can the same attorney do the closing too? (Maybe, maybe not) or different attorney? (Typically, you will open up escrow with a traditional title company, or preferably a real estate attorney who specializes in closing these type of transactions.)

2. What are the average fees for the multifamily transaction?(10k-20K)

3. Can you charge the attorney fee upfront from investors? (Yes! This can be apart of the upfront cap raise, including your DP, Capex, Acq. fee and all associated cost with the closing)

Securities is federal law, so you can get a securities attorney from any state. The closing attorney practices real estate law, which is based on state law. Often they will be different attorneys.

Syndication legal fees start 7500 and up.

You wouldnt charge investors attorney fees. You'd raise the minimum offering amount, which would help with the legal fees.