Multifamily Podcast Suggestion

14 Replies

What are your favorite podcasts on Multifamily syndication? What do you like about it?

Mine is Rod Khleif's Lifetime Cashflow because I really enjoy his energy.

@Jay Chang Rod Khleif podcast is awesome. I tend to listen to all of them. I find it valuable to hear from others as well. Michael Blank, Joe Fairless, Jake & Gino, Whitney Sewell. There are many more out there as well, that offer a ton of value

@Jay Chang there are so many. I have listened to a ton of them, and found the ones that speak to me. I've also been a guest on over 30 so I've been able to hear first hand how the energy and style of the podcast host. It's so hard to narrow it down, but I love @Adam Adams Creative Real Estate Podcast, I just really connect with his personality.

@Dan Handford has a great one going through real life multifamily deals

@Whitney Sewell is providing value on a daily basis
The REI Foundation Podcast - Jason and Pili Yarusi
DJE Podcast - @Devin Elder
Target Market Insights - @John Casmon

So many more I am not mentioning.

Originally posted by @Theo Hicks :

@Jay Chang have you check the Best Real Estate Advice Ever by Joe Fairless?

Hi Theo,

Yes I have, and I know you are one of the hosts. Thanks for providing constant value to the audience. Much appreciated.

Originally posted by @Yonah Weiss :

@Jay Chang there are so many. I have listened to a ton of them, and found the ones that speak to me. I've also been a guest on over 30 so I've been able to hear first hand how the energy and style of the podcast host. It's so hard to narrow it down, but I love @Adam Adams Creative Real Estate Podcast, I just really connect with his personality.

@Dan Handford has a great one going through real life multifamily deals

is providing value on a daily basis
The REI Foundation Podcast - Jason and Pili Yarusi
DJE Podcast - @Devin Elder
Target Market Insights - @John Casmon

So many more I am not mentioning.

Yonah,

Thanks for the suggestions, I will check them out. Adam Adams is actually speaking at my meetup event in DTLA on 8/21. I am looking forward to it!!

Thanks @Yonah Weiss

Lots of great podcasts listed. I just pivoted Target Market Insights to focus on the marketing aspects of multifamily. 

Another one I like is the Real Estate Guys. They do a great job covering various topics. 

@Jay Chang

Check out Multifamily Legacy Podcast with Corey Peterson. I have listened to lots and they all have good things to learn. For newer investors Corey is the only one I have found that goes over every term step by step, breaks down the underwriting, and shares in detail his own deals - the good the bad and the ugly. Check out his podcast and IM me to let me know what you think.

@Jay Chang - there are dozens upon dozens of multifamily podcasts out there these days. Here are some notes on this topic I put together for a mentee, recently. Broke them into 'intermediate' and 'advanced' buckets:

Intermediate listeners, know "enough to be dangerous": 

Advanced listeners, "ready to nerd out":

• Long-form (~30-45 mins): Old Capital - Outstanding podcast with stellar hosts. It gets technical and goes deep into the financing side of multifamily projects
  • Small-bites (~5 mins): Real Estate Espresso with Victor Menasce - Victor covers a variety of topics, but I think that if you are further along in your real estate career, you understand the value of getting a broader education on the economic environment and the macro drivers that impact the landscape upon which we invest

I think the Biggerpockets podcast is a great place to start for beginners. The 60+ minute length was a good fit when I was first getting started, but now it's not as appealing as the leaner ones.

#1 Best Ever Real Estate Investing Advice Podcast with Joe Fairless (because the episodes are quick and to the point and you can choose a topic very easily) #2 The Real Estate Guys (I had a chance to hang out with these guys a few years ago in Texas and they are a wealth of knowledge, especially Russell Gray, no offense Robert Helms)