So in the appraisal of this 4plex I am buying, we paused the appraisal because it will not appraise to the value of my accepted offer. The appraiser said he has to run the numbers as a duplex due to permits on the home even though it is zoned as a 4plex.
It’s a great property and great deal. I’d like to continue to pursue the property even if I have to deal with permitting and issues involved with that later down the road.
Any thoughts or advice is much appreciated.
Ask if the Seller will consider financing it.
Maybe the seller can hold a second mortgage while things are sorted out?
1 year option to purchase with the right to work on getting permits/zoning fixed.
Thanks everybody for your input.