Closed on a property with 2 4plexes and a 6ksqf warehouse friday

Closed on a property with 2 4plexes and a 6ksqf warehouse friday

Rental Property Investor · New Orleans, LA · Member since 2018 · 87 posts · 45 votes

I'm pretty excited. My partners znd I set a goal at the beginning of the year to purchase an investment property before the year was over and we accomplished that goal friday. There are 3 water meters for the 3 buildings. Besides paying to get individual meters I thought I had read about a way to split up the costs among the tenants. Does anybody know the name of the formula or program that does this?

1Reply
14 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • East Stroudsburg, PA · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    I believe it's called RUBS(Ratio Utility Billing System).  Definition: A method of calculating a tenants utility usage based on occupancy, unit square footage, or a combination of both.  Once calculated, the amount is billed back to the tenant.  

  • Rental Property Investor · New Orleans, LA · Member since 2018 · 87 posts · 45 votes
    6y

    Thanks @Terry Vanwhy I heard the term before but couldnt remember it when trying to tell my partners avout it.

  • Cristobal G.Pro Member
    Kalamazoo, MI · Member since 2017 · 26 posts · 12 votes
    6y

    Yup it's RUBS, it's what I use because I found individual metering for small units not practicable. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.