Texas buy and hold long term investing

9 Replies

I narrowed down my out of state investing search! I'm in CA and now going to invest in Texas! I'm looking to BRRRR and my main goal is cash flow! I currently have 9 doors in CA.

I'm looking to build a relationship with a PM, agent and contractor. Please message me and let's get this ball rolling!

The reality is you need to narrow down your search much more than just the huge state of Texas.  I would not even suggest using a PM in west Houston is your property is in east Houston or any other major city in TX

@Greg H. Your absolutely right! It's been hard to narrow it down but I know I want to buy in San Antonio just because the prices are lower there. I would like to know which neighborhoods to invest In withing the cities of Copperas cove, Killeen, Waco, Harker heights and Corpus Christi. Any suggestions?

Originally posted by @Rio Bundez :

@Greg H. Your absolutely right! It's been hard to narrow it down but I know I want to buy in San Antonio just because the prices are lower there. I would like to know which neighborhoods to invest In withing the cities of Copperas cove, Killeen, Waco, Harker heights and Corpus Christi. Any suggestions

You listed San Antonio and then you listed a boatload of other towns. It still seems like you still have a broad target. :)

@Joe S. Yes, I have some narrowing down to do. I see that you are in the San Antonio area, do you have any suggestions for neighborhoods to look at or maybe a solid agent to talk to? I would greatly appreciate it! As you can tell, I'm in need of some help..haha

@Joe S. Yes, I have some narrowing down to do. I see that you are in the San Antonio area, do you have any suggestions for neighborhoods to look at or maybe a solid agent to talk to? I would greatly appreciate it! As you can tell, I'm in need of some help..haha

Not so much individual neighborhoods, but finding deals that makes sense. We buy multiple houses based upon the numbers. We source almost all of our own leads and spend a ton of effort and money doing so. As far as a realtor suggestion I am assuming that before the day is over you will have some realtors piping in to add commentary so you will know they’re available. We work with a couple of realtors, but they mainly help us on the sales side with owner finance buyers.,
How are you planning on financing your purchases and how many properties are you looking to buy?

@Joe S. So I'm reading this book right now. I just posted this.

https://www.biggerpockets.com/topics/930225

But I have a few ways I'm thinking of financing. I can either pullout from my current Equity in CA (refer to post). Or I can use my partners cash, he's looking to Invest 150k. Or another option is to borrow money on a interest only loan, use OPM to invest and use my partners money to pay for Interest payment OPM until I can refinance and pay off loan and do it over and over...essentially BRRRR.

What would you recommend?

@Greg H. Your absolutely right! It's been hard to narrow it down but I know I want to buy in San Antonio just because the prices are lower there. I would like to know which neighborhoods to invest In withing the cities of Copperas cove, Killeen, Waco, Harker heights and Corpus Christi. Any suggestions?

Hello! I would be careful in investing in Killeen. You could easily end up in the wrong street. Interview a bunch of agents and PM and cross-reference their opinions. That way, you can narrow down the neighborhoods on where you would want to buy.

I hope this helps. I wish you the best in your investing journey!

Adrian