William Leininger
  • Portland, OR
Votes |
1st Multifamily (4plexes) Dallas Fort Worth, TX Team

William Leininger
  • Portland, OR
Posted May 7 2021, 09:32

Hello~

My wife and I are looking to work with others to make a team for multifamily (specifically 4plexes later to be apartments etc) as we are moving from Vancouver, Washington to Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas. My wife is a Registered Nurse & I'm an IT Engineer. We've got two other houses (a single family & a duplex) that we rent through property management so we know enough that we want to grow & expand while also humbly not knowing nearly enough. 

Our first step is buying a Fouplex then continuing to expand once we've moved. For our team we're looking for people that are investors themselves (love BiggerPockets part of why we're here). We're also looking from this team to do much more real estate investing after my wife & I have relocated.

1. Real Estate Broker/Deal Finder - Help us vet it's a good deal or not (we're new to DFW & Texas as a whole so there's a lot of differences in laws to house build codes, etc)
  2. Lender
  3. Property Manager (we'd love to expand our skillset to one day manage some of our own rental (2-4 unit plexes) & have property managers on apartment complexes we get into next)
  4. Contractor/Rehabber We're not looking to overwhelm anyone's contractor referral/you become so busy that anything existing customer wise changes. We're talking if it's beyond our skillset. We're very much elbow grease & hard work ourselves; however, there's certainly things we don't know about and/or again the changes to another state's building codes etc. For example we did our own work converting the Duplex from junky backyard to a nice fenced (separate area per unit) to barefoot backyard, storage unit space, removing old 70's 6in concrete pad for vehicle parking, etc for a nice value add to renters).

Some of what we're looking for in our first Texas real estate purchase & relocation (house hacking as we'll live in one of the 4 units) investment. We similarly want to help others & our teammates for their investments, need an RN for a community service event, need some IT/Managed Service Provider esque assistance in your own business or even looking to invest in Washington state we can help.

1. 1.) A fourplex in a B class investment 
    1. (we're flexible - if it has to be an A class investment to get a garage for at least wife's vehicle - still want to understand how to protect the work rig truck from huge damaging hail)
      1. Attached garage (we've come to understand hail is a huge thing there & we want to protect our vehicles. ie Have an '08 Dodge 3500 6.7L Diesel & a Honda CRV)
  2. 2.) $100/month/unit profit after everything
  3. 3.) Value Add opportunities
    1. To rehab or to add something to the 4plex beyond just raising rent to market

We're super excited for meeting new teammates & investors & growing together.

Loading replies...