Commercial broker tips

4 Replies

Anyone had luck finding commercial brokers on BP?  Not for finding commercial mortgages...but finding commercial properties.  I have a a few that I've closed several deals with but looking to accelerate my acquisition rate so I'm looking to form relationships with another 1-2 commercial brokers.  Wasn't sure if this site is mostly made up of residential investors, Realtors and commercial investors but not commercial brokers?

The best way we have found is to call brokerages that deal with Multifamily properties, or find deals that are listed on broker websites, Crexi, and Loopnet and start calling. Get added to mailing lists and follow up regularly. Hope this helps.

@Salvatore Lentini , I agree with @Richard Neuharth .  Call brokers in the markets you want to invest in.  Over 90% of multifamily transactions are handled by brokers.  The exception might be if you are investing in small multfamily (<100 units).  But Total Commercial, Brevitas, Commercial Cafe and many others have listings that might fit your criteria.

Originally posted by @Salvatore Lentini :

Anyone had luck finding commercial brokers on BP?  Not for finding commercial mortgages...but finding commercial properties.  I have a a few that I've closed several deals with but looking to accelerate my acquisition rate so I'm looking to form relationships with another 1-2 commercial brokers.  Wasn't sure if this site is mostly made up of residential investors, Realtors and commercial investors but not commercial brokers?

Find someone who you like to work with who has a decent amount of deal flow. CCIM and other certificates don't necessarily mean anything.