Goal of 100+ units in MFR in 5 years, who can support my vision?

15 Replies

Hello BiggerPockets!

My name is Max and I am new to the real investing business. I am a 27-year-old clinical pharmacist by day, with a strong curiosity for real estate investing, especially starting with small multi-family investing in the western Massachusetts area. I am looking to buy a duplex or triplex to start (four-plex if the price is right) in the first few months of 2022. I am looking for a real estate agent that not can only find me great deals, but also offer the education and experience that I lack, and ultimately be a long-term investing partner.

Thank you and keep working hard!

@Max Langlois - smart play. I did exactly that and am now up to 7 units - 6 of which are in the Worcester area. I’m happy to connect and share my experiences and knowledge.

In addition, myself and another investor host a real estate meetup every month in Worcester @ the hangover pub. Pints and Properties. We normally have a few guest speakers, food and a ton of smart investors to network with. Dm me if you’re interested, we welcome all investors from new to super experienced.

Originally posted by @Andrew Freed :

@Max Langlois - smart play. I did exactly that and am now up to 7 units - 6 of which are in the Worcester area. I’m happy to connect and share my experiences and knowledge.

In addition, myself and another investor host a real estate meetup every month in Worcester @ the hangover pub. Pints and Properties. We normally have a few guest speakers, food and a ton of smart investors to network with. Dm me if you’re interested, we welcome all investors from new to super experienced.

That is fantastic, congrats on your progress! I would be grateful for any experience and a strong network. Thank you for your support and don't stop until you've achieved your goals!

Awesome plan and you're definitely going to need to be more granular to execute on this but you're on your way. Western MA is a nice place to start as it's a more palatable price for entry investors. There's a few of us here in the Boston community so I'd encourage you to post in the local Boston thread to get referrals for agents who can give you some market perspective in that area. 

@Max Langlois I was in your shoes two years ago. Just starting out, knew next to nothing about real estate. Today I have 9 units and have over a dozen flips. I left my corporate finance job in Boston and work full-time in real estate as an investor. My advice, take one small step every day towards your goal. If you do this, you will be shocked at your level of success. 

Send me a DM. I would be happy to connect and share more with you about my journey.

Originally posted by @Lien Vuong :

Awesome plan and you're definitely going to need to be more granular to execute on this but you're on your way. Western MA is a nice place to start as it's a more palatable price for entry investors. There's a few of us here in the Boston community so I'd encourage you to post in the local Boston thread to get referrals for agents who can give you some market perspective in that area. 

Thank you Lien! I completely agree with you. I have a very ambitious goal, and I will need to break it down step by step and acquire the necessary resources and foundational systems to be able to scale. I appreciate the mention regarding the Boston community thread, I will take a look! 

Originally posted by @Matt Damon :

@Max Langlois I was in your shoes two years ago. Just starting out, knew next to nothing about real estate. Today I have 9 units and have over a dozen flips. I left my corporate finance job in Boston and work full-time in real estate as an investor. My advice, take one small step every day towards your goal. If you do this, you will be shocked at your level of success. 

Send me a DM. I would be happy to connect and share more with you about my journey.

Thank you for your advice and support Matt! I see you are progressing well in your journey. That is fantastic! I completely agree with you in taking it one small step at a time. I also believe that consistency is key. I would be grateful to connect with you and hear your advice.

Moderators note: If you are a real estate agent it is against the rules to mention your business or offer to help. This is considered self promotion. It is ok to refer other real estate agents not affiliated with you or your firm. Real estate agents are welcome to respond, but keep it focused on market general advice about his strategy or the market. If he want to reach out to you, he is free to do so of his own accord.