Building a house on an Island.

2 Replies

As some of you know, I have been investing in Land and Tax liens for a LONG time. I have been fortunate enough to travel to many places, and during that time I have found a place that I want to build a small vacation home. I haven't started construction yet but have purchased the land. Once I start building, I will start a new thread and will post regular updates. In the mean time, I have been taking bids for clearing the lot and etc. So I decided to go to the lumber store to get some prices of the basic materials that I need and was quite shocked by some of these numbers, it makes me appreciate what we have that's easily available in our country.

Is skilled labor just as high?  It might make sense to look into a modular or park model. 

Originally posted by @Jon Klaus:

Is skilled labor just as high?  It might make sense to look into a modular or park model. 

Without giving away too many details right now, I am building a modular SFH. While I do like park model style homes, they are definitely not for me and yes skilled labor is sort of scarce and kind of high. There is a TON of red tape that I have to get across before construction can start, so with everything that Im trying to do (in regards to construction standards and requirements) Im getting a big "Prove it" from the building department.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here