2 Properties 1 Price

1 Reply

I recently came across a 4bd/3ba that is next door to a Church(Church looks like it was converted from a house). The properties are being sold as one. The Church sits on 2 lots. The 4/3 could use a rehab but it's a solid home. They're being sold at market value so obviously the price will have to drop. I'm thinking of just doing a demo on the Church and building 2 new homes (I know it sounds horrible but it really doesn't look like a regular Church) I would rehab and cash flow on the 4/3. Is building new homes completely out of the question considering I won't be able to get the land for fairly cheap? Is there a general rule of thumb on land price/percentage for constructing new homes? They're asking $550,000 for the 2 properties on 3 lots. It sounds like they're willing to negotiate, I'm just waiting on the comps from a realtor buddy of mine.

Some say 20%, or at least that's what I heard from the forums. Don't demo the church, leave 2-3 walls so it will still be classified as a "renovation" and not new construction, cuts your time around 6-8 months. If you can do 3 houses, rehab 4/3 then cash flow, rehab church to 4/3 then cash flow, new construction 3rd house cash flow. If you could do selective demo on the church, leave exterior walls as an option (if it were previously a house), it would make more sense, try to salvage the roof system also.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.